As a parcel service provider, GLS is an important element within the supply chain. The current situation makes the responsibility that we bear even clearer. Therefore, we do our utmost to protect the health of those involved in our business and to continue to ensure parcel logistics. We have implemented various measures which are based on the official recommendations of the authorities and the Robert Koch Institute. These are checked daily and adjusted at short notice if necessary. The measures include:
• Employees, transport partners and their drivers are informed in detail about the necessary hygiene measures and are expressly requested to observe and comply with them. All locations are equipped with suitable disinfectant and disposable towels.
• If employees show the first signs of a virus infection, they are requested to stay away from the workplace or are sent home immediately and asked to consult a doctor.
• Travel is avoided as far as possible, meetings and conferences are reduced to a minimum or are conducted by telephone or video.
• We constantly monitor relevant developments and immediately initiate necessary measures if required.
• Specialists work preventively on emergency plans to maintain parcel distribution in the event that the situation in Germany worsens, areas or roads have to be closed or individual locations temporarily closed.
GLS is warning customers about increasing numbers of fraudulent e-mails containing requests for payment, or job offers as parcel agents aimed at concealing the whereabouts of fraudulently obtained goods or making illegal use of dispatch systems. GLS is working on an on-going basis to protect customers from these scams.